LFT has been awarded an LACAC internship! Check it out and apply if you qualify!
Little Fish Theatre Producing and Marketing Intern
The intern will work alongside Little Fish Theatre’s Managing Director Aaron Fish and the Artistic Directors Lisa Coffi, Suzanne Dean and Stephanie Coltrin during its 18th Season. Aaron Fish will operate as the Primary Mentor for the program.
The position will provide hands-on experience in producing theatre for an intimate 65-seat black box theatre operating under the AEA Membership Company Rule. LFT produces an annual 10-show season of New, Contemporary, and Classic works in San Pedro. During the grant period (June – August), LFT will be in preparation and performance of 2 full scale productions and special events. The Producing and Marketing Intern will play an integral role in assisting the Managing Director and Artistic Directors with pre-production and performance activities, including producing, marketing, administration, venue preparedness, and box office.
The intern’s day to day schedule will vary based upon production needs, but will include some daytime, evening and weekend hours, depending on performance nights. The Intern will be required to attend a minimum of 2 show nights per week.
Activities can include:
– Pre-Production Assistance – Prepare casting materials and assisting with auditions; attend a production meeting; prepare contract package and attend first reading with cast and production team; as needed, assist Designers with set decorating, props, costumes.
– Fill in as Stage Manager for some rehearsals – Keeping the staging/prompt book up to date and pulling rehearsal materials from stock.
– Assist the Managing Director and Artistic Directors with implementing audience development activities including marketing strategies, and social media promotion for productions and events.
– Performance Assistance – Give the House Manager Speech and interact with patrons and sponsors.
– Support Box Office Staff as needed. Duties may include checking patrons in during performances, checking box office reservation line, selling tickets and concessions and reconciliation.
– Provide Special Event support, as needed. Duties may include patron check in; supplies buying; and post event clean-up.
– Administrative – Perform data entry for questionnaires, mailing and email lists, and other administrative support as needed.
– Venue Operations – Assist with office and venue preparedness for rehearsals & performances: tidying up lobby, office and hospitality room between custodial services; restocking unused Props/Costumes; buying and stocking concessions.
– Marketing/Promotion – Help promote the productions by delivering flyers to local businesses; assisting with creating Social Media postings; collecting bio and photo info from the cast for the program; printing show photos and coordinating the lobby Show Board.
Internship Learning Objectives:
This is an excellent opportunity for an intern to get hands-on experience producing shows for an intimate professional theatre. They will develop a deeper understanding of the production and administrative activities that support theatrical productions and the direct correlation of activities to results. They will be able to:
1) Assemble and collaborate with production and artistic staff
2) Interact with audience members and donors
3) Discover (and work within) budget limitations and challenges of small theatre
4) Learn and execute some grass-roots and social media marketing activities
5) Get hands on experience of what it takes to produce full-length plays as well as short run events
How to apply
Email resume and cover letter to MD@littlefishtheatre.org with subject line “LFT Intern Position.” Please no calls.