Part-Time Social Media Manager Needed for Non-Profit Arts Org.
Non-Profit Arts Organization Shakespeare by the Sea (includes Little Fish Theatre, San Pedro, CA) has an incredible part-time opportunity for a creative, tech savvy Social Media Manager (SMM). SMM will be in a position to lead the strategy, creation, execution, and delivery of our social media initiatives. The successful candidate will possess an intense passion for the arts as well as social media trends, strategies and techniques. The ideal SMM will have a proven track record of mobilizing local community targets as well as engaging new Millennials to measurably increase attendance and brand recognition. The successful candidate will be very creative, have a strong work ethic, and have a passion for working with an arts organization at a strong turning point between traditional theatre and providing a voice to a new generation of theatre-goer.
- Plan, create and schedule fresh, engaging content for all social channels
- Coordinate with our show producers, directors, and theatre management to initiate engaging online discussion and spearhead promotional campaigns
- Handle targeted display ads for social media (Facebook, Instagram, twitter etc..)
- Come up with creative and innovative ideas to reach new audiences
- Weekly basic newsletter updates to targeted segments based on current happenings
- Minimum 18 months of Social Media Marketing experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Experience using social media & business marketing tools including (but not limited to) Salesforce, Patron Manager, Mailchimp, as well as metrics & scheduling programs such as Hootsuite & Bit.ly
- Identify trends and new features in social media to help us stay ahead of the curve.
- Ability to deal with artists and have self-initiative to create content that will attract the highest traffic levels.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format – Please include writing samples and/or any relevant links to content, projects, etc…
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to emerging trends
- Strong understanding of growth and movement of digital landscape (both online and mobile)
- Provide detailed metric reports on a regular basis to theatre management
$450 a month; apx. 25 hours required monthly
Additional advertising budget may apply on a per-show basis.
Please include links to any current Social Media Accounts & examples of Content Creation with your cover letter.
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shakespeare by the Sea / Little Fish Theatre
777 W Center St.
San Pedro, CA 90731