Job Title: Database and Office Coordinator
Job Grade: Non-Exempt
Company: Shakespeare by the Sea
Address: 777 S Centre St, San Pedro, CA 90731
Reports to: Producing Artistic Director
Database and Office Coordinator
The Database and Office Coordinator is responsible for providing office, database, marketing and fundraising support services to Shakespeare by the Sea/Little Fish Theatre. This includes use of Patron Manager, database maintenance, administrative support, assist with office and facility maintenance, and supporting the marketing and fundraising efforts for our programs. For more information about Shakespeare by the Sea, visit shakespearebythesea.org and LIttle Fish Theatre littlefishtheatre.org. Responsibilities and duties would include:
Database Coordination (5-8 hrs / wk)
- Qualifying ticket orders, new sign ups, and new donations in Patron Manager. Performing ongoing data entry, updates and back-up support to Box Office Manager.
- Preparing mailing lists for mailings, email lists for emails, mail merging letters, and various other reports to support administrative, fundraising and marketing efforts.
Office Coordinator (5-8 hr / wk)
- · Supports Producing Artistic Director and Development Director with mailings, emails and correspondence as directed.
- · Collects and distributes incoming mail and sends outgoing mail.
- · Check and respond to call on SBTS and voicemail lines.
- · Assist with Raffle Prize solicitations, organizing the list and generating donor letters.
- · Assists with office systems and installation of new or updated hardware and software.
- · Assists with ordering office and cleaning supplies.
Shakespeare by the Sea / Little Fish Theatre Venue Operations (3-5 hr / wk)
- Assess venue on an ongoing basis, tidy up, and coordinate with personnel to accomplish larger facility maintenance tasks and repairs.
- Support Box Office Staff as needed, duties may include checking patrons in, checking box office reservation line, ticket sales and reconciliation via Patron Manager.
- Provides special event support as needed. Duties may include mailings, volunteer coordination, patron check in, supplies buying, and assistance in facility clean-up.
- Two years office administration related experience. Strong computer skills required.
- Two years of experience with database/contact management software, Patron Manager or Salesforce preferred.
- At least two years of experience with MS Office, Google Docs, and Dropbox.
- Self-starter and fast learner on database projects, ability to run reports, solve problems, and complete tasks on time, in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work within a group, be a positive and contributing team member.
- Ability to split work time both in the office in San Pedro as well as remotely.
- Clear background and criminal record check.
- Requires personal vehicle and insurance.
- Willing and able to lift 30 pounds.
**NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with up to two references that can speak to your database knowledge with subject line “Database and Office Coordinator Position.” Please no calls.
Shakespeare by the Sea offers sick time. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve a diverse and inclusive community.